Amaranth seed oil
Amaranth seed oil by supercritical co2 extraction is clear yellow oil which is nutrient rich in polyunsaturated fatty acids, plant sterols, tocopherols and squalene.
Amaranth seed oil has strong skin nourishing properties and is also a strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory oil. It contains Squalene which is good for many skin problems like topical dermatitis and psoriasis. When combined with other ingredients it can help aid skin healing and prevention of scars.
Amaranthus seed oil is an excellent additive and when used in .05 to 3% it provides important useful ingredients to preserve skin quality.
Features of Amaranth seed oil
Amaranth seed oil contains lipohilic components and it is extracted from Amaranthus Caudatus and it does not contain no solvent residues, no inorganic salts and no heavy metals.
It contains Oleic Acid (Omega 9) – 25-35%, Linoleic Acid (Omega 6) – 42-52%, Squalene – 5%+, Plant Sterols – 2%+, Tocopherols – 1%.
Amaranth seed oil ’s INCI name is Amaranthus Caudatus Seed Extract.
The number of nutrients in the composition of amaranth seed oil successfully surpassed its counterparts.
It contains this essential polyunsaturated fatty acid.
These are not ordinary fats, they are deposited in the waist, but they are important for maintaining health and vitality. .
Their reception is also important because these acids can only be taken in with food, not synthesized in it. .
- ω-3 – almost 2%;
- omega-6 – 50%;
- ω-9 – 24%;
- Stearic acid-4%;
- Palmitic acid – 19%.
Amaranth oil is also rich in vitamins:
- B1 (thiamine)-Provides carbohydrate metabolism in the liver, protects the gallbladder and liver from stone formation, stabilizes the nervous system, and reduces skin inflammation. This vitamin is also suitable during breastfeeding or pregnancy. It is considered an antioxidant-can prevent premature aging of body cells.
- B2 (riboflavin). This vitamin is necessary for active and energetic people. Help the energy produced by food enter into muscle activity. A very important vitamin for athletes, pregnant women, and the elderly.
- PP (B3)-important for protein metabolism, nervous system, and normalization of cholesterol levels. Participate in protein metabolism and tissue respiration.
D-This vitamin is especially important in pediatrics. Using oil in winter and autumn will help get the right amount of vitamins.
E (choline)-considered a “female” vitamin because it protects the body from the negative effects of the harsh environment. It only dissolves on the basis of fat, so it is completely absorbed by humans.
- Amaranth seed oil has calming properties and is useful in skin soothing formulas.
- It has the qualities of improving the skin elasticity and it reduces the sight of wrinkles.
- Amaranth seed oil is rich in omega 6 and is considered a very good moisturizer.
- Amaranth seed oil is rich in polyunsaturated fats is popularly used as a preventive medicine for sagging, aging skin and mature skin.
- It is widely used for dry and irritated skin, itchiness caused by the harsh winter.
- Amaranth seed oil can be added without heating any skincare remedy like hand or facial lotions, liquid castile soap, or unscented shower gel.
Medicine for anti-aging
Amaranth plant has been cultivated and used since prehistoric times and is considered as a medicine for anti-aging in Europe.
The plant is considered sacred by the Incas and Aztecs. It is a popular medicine used for skin care and is light and easily absorbed oil.
Oldest Domesticated Plant
Amaranthus caudatus is considered as one of the oldest of world’s domesticated plants and Amaranthus is a Greek word which means “immortal” or “unfading”. It comes from the foxtail family and is referred to as “pseudo cereal”.
The grains of amaranth are just about the size of mustard seeds and are found commonly ground into flour.
Efficacy and role of amaranth seeds
Replenishing Qi and Blood
Amaranth seeds are rich in trace element iron, which can improve the human hematopoietic function and the activity of red blood cells. It is the most ideal blood-enriching food in life. Usually people use it to relieve the deficiency of blood and blood, and can also prevent humans. Iron deficiency anemia, regular consumption can keep the body full of qi and blood.
Calcium supplements and strengthens bones
Amaranth seeds are also rich in trace element calcium. This substance can promote the development of teeth and bones, and can meet the body’s need for calcium during normal metabolism. This food material does not contain oxalic acid, which allows the body to take the trace amount it contains as soon as possible. Elemental calcium absorption and utilization. People usually eat more amaranth seeds to supplement calcium.
Amaranth seeds have an excellent protective effect on human eyes?
It contains vitamin C and protein, as well as carotene and other nutrients, can promote eye development, and can improve human function, prevent retinal degeneration, taking more amaranth seeds in daily life can prevent eye disease and prevent vision decline.
Prevent high blood pressure
Amaranth seeds can also prevent high blood pressure, because it is a high-potassium and low-sodium food. People usually use it to accelerate sodium metabolism in the body, and can prevent excess water from staying in the body, so that human blood pressure can be stabilized. In a normal state, in addition to those suffering from high blood pressure, eating more amaranth seeds can slowly restore blood pressure to normal, which can prevent the human body from causing other diseases due to high blood pressure.
Enhance physical fitness
Amaranth seed is also a kind of high-nutrient food. After using it, people can absorb rich plant protein and multiple vitamins, and can absorb some carotene and trace elements. After the body absorbs these nutrients, it can promote body metabolism and relieve the body. Deficiency can significantly improve the physical fitness of human beings. Consistent eating can also delay aging and prolong life.
For Dry and Damaged Skin:
- For ages amaranthus was considered as a healthy grain food and off late the oil which is rich in unsaturated fatty acids and squalene is considered as an excellent skin care product.
- It contains tocopherols and tocotrienols which are good for the human skin.
- It is excellent oil for dry and damaged or aging skin and is rich in natural alpha, beta and delta tocopherols (vitamin E complex) and essential omega-6 fatty acids.