Celery Seed Oil
The botanical name of Celery oil by supercritical co2 extraction is Apium graveolens L. . The whole plant is used for the extraction of oil and this oil has a middle perfume note. It s aroma is bright, warm, herbal and that of fresh cut celery. Celery oil by supercritical co2 extraction blends well with Angelica Root, Black Spruce, Cardamom, Caraway, Clary Sage, Copaiba Balsam, Coriander, Cypress Leaf, Douglas Fir, Frankincense sacra, Galbanum, Mandarin Red, Orange Wild, Lime Persian, May Chang (Litsea) and Scotch Pine. Celery oil by supercritical co2 extraction is a wonderful addition in natural perfume to deliver a green sparks that enlivens and improves bouquets.
- Product name:celery seed oil
- CAS Number:8015-90-5
- Source: From the Umbelliferae herbaceous herb drought and drought or seed warp.
- Production process:Using supercritical CO2 fluid extraction technology to produce
- Properties:Yellow-green to brown-green liquid, with strong and durable spicy fragrance and medicinal herbs.
- Main ingredients:Peony oleyl alcohol, celery, umbellifera characteristics, linolenic acid, etc.
Celery essential oil is extracted by supercritical fluid extraction method with natural carbon dioxide with no solvent residues or inorganic salts and it does not contain heavy metals and no reproducible microorganisms.
The INCI name of the celery essential oil is Apium Graveolens and the oil contains 20 – 30 % steam volatile components, fatty oil. Celery is a hapaxanthic herb, grown as a biennial or as an annual and is widely cultivated as an important garden crop and the leaf stalks are savoured as a popular vegetable.
It is used to formulate perfume, cosmetics and soap. It is sometimes used in small amounts in food flavors. Spice powder. The shape product is often mixed with salt or pepper and used for color celery salt and pepper parsley respectively. Soups, eggs, salads, fillings, pickles, tomato sauce and meat products, etc.
Celery seed oil is brown-green, clear and transparent, has good fluidity at room temperature, and has a strong and long-lasting spicy and medicinal aroma.
The refractive index of celery seed is close to that of sesame crude oil, but higher than soybean crude oil and peanut crude oil; both peroxide value and acid value reach the standard; saponification value is lower than soybean crude oil, peanut crude oil and sesame crude oil, so it contains more unsaponifiables The iodine value is lower than soybean crude oil and sesame crude oil, and close to peanut crude oil.
Relative density (25°C): 0.8950-0.9930 g/mL
Refractive index (20°C): 1.478-1.490
Specific rotation: +48°-+78
A total of 23 compounds were identified from celery seed oil by GC-MS, with a detection rate of 99.94%, of which esters accounted for 86.55%; the highest content was trans-9-octadecenoic acid methyl ester (52.79%) , Followed by methyl 9,12-octadecadienoate (linoleic acid) (17.26%), linoleic acid is an essential fatty acid for the human body, has a variety of physiological functions to the human body, methyl hexadecanoate (9.68 %), 4-methylphenol (6.19%), etc., are the main components of the celery seed oil.
Celery seed essential oil has a good inhibitory effect on gram-positive bacteria such as Staphylococcus epidermidis, Staphylococcus aureus and Bacillus subtilis, and its MIC and MBC values are all 5% or less; and for E. coli and Pseudomonas aeruginosa The inhibitory effect of Gram-negative bacteria such as Proteus and Proteus is poor, with MIC and MBC values of 5% or more.
Celery seed essential oil has strong anti-oxidant ability in scavenging free radicals, and as the concentration increases, the ability in scavenging free radicals and anti-oxidation also increases. And compared with the ability of BHA and BHT in scavenging free radicals and antioxidants, celery seed essential oil is stronger than these two traditional synthetic antioxidants in scavenging free radicals or antioxidants.
In summary, celery seed essential oil has shown good ability in antibacterial and sterilization, as well as in scavenging free radicals and anti-oxidation. In addition, it comes from plants, has low volatility and low toxicity. It has broad application prospects in food, medicine, chemical and other fields.
Prevention and treatment of cerebral ischemia
Celery seed contains 50 times the blood pressure and lipid-lowering components of celery. Celery and celery seed oil have preventive and therapeutic effects on brain aging and cerebral ischemia.
Studies have shown that celery seeds are rich in oil and contain a variety of pharmacologically active ingredients, which have the effects of dispelling qi, reducing swelling, diuresis, anti-tumor and anti-aging. It is reported in the literature that Apigenin A and Apigenin B can prolong the sleep time of mouse pentobarbital sodium and have a wide range of anticonvulsant effects. At the same time, it has a certain protective effect on brain cells.
Experiments show that celery seed oil can significantly improve the brain index and brain edema of rats with cerebral ischemia. At the same time, celery seed oil can improve the neurobehavioral symptoms of MCAO rats and reduce the area of cerebral infarction. It shows that celery seed oil can improve the ischemic state of the brain tissue, reduce the ischemic damage of the brain tissue, and achieve the effect of anti-cerebral ischemia.
- While adding with other essential oil it is better to use celery essential oil in moderation because it has very strong aroma which overpower other essential oil odour.
- The odour of the celery essential oil is quite obstinate and can overpower. It is not a bad idea to consider celery essential oil in aphrodisiac blends where it combines nicely with Cardamom.
- Celery essential oil has less limonene than the essential oil making it safer for skin applications. It is widely used in aromatherapy as calming oil which is good for the relief of tension headaches and it is an excellent anti-inflammatory in massage blends for arthritis, rheumatism, and muscle spasm relief. The combined anti-inflammatory and diuretic properties are recommended in a detoxification body wrap.
- In aromatherapy celery essential oil is used as an anti-inflammatory, anti-arthritic, anti-rheumatic, insomnia, muscle spasms, nervine, relaxation, aphrodisiac, carminative, detoxify, diuretic, headache, sedative and stress relief.
- Celery essential oil is widely used as a combination in massage oil, perfume, skin care, bath and body creams, lotions, gels, soap, candles and spa treatment oils. It is better to avoid during pregnancy or on breastfeeding mothers.