Nutmeg essential oil
Nutmeg essential oil helps break down fat and starchy foods and promote appetite.
Nutmeg Essential oil is obtained from the evergreen tree that grows up to 20 meters. The exterior husk of the fruit is dehydrated and used for extracting Mace essential oil, the seeds for the Nutmeg essential oil.
It can give vitality to the heart and promote blood circulation, but it is very effective. Be careful when using it. Long-term use may over-stimulate the motor nerves (the third pair of cranial nerves) and cause restlessness. In the most serious cases, it can cause delirium, convulsions, and may even become numb. It may also over-irritate the heart and skin.
Clear Pale Yellow
Arthritis, constipation, fatigue, muscle aches, nausea, neralgia, poor circulation, rheumatism, improves digestion. It is also used in food flavourings.
- Properties: colorless to yellow liquid
- Aroma: nutmeg oil has a sweet, warm and slightly spicy aroma
- Density: 0.880—0.920
- Optical rotation: +6 °∽+25°
- Refractive index: 1.4750—1.4790
- Solubility: 1:3 soluble in 90% (V/V) ethanol
- Acid value: ≤5
- Main ingredients: Cineole (26%-60%), α-pine acetic acid oil (28%-34%), pelargonene (2%-14%), diene, myristyl ether, etc.
Supercritical Fluid Extraction Process (SCFE) also called Co2 Extraction process.
Borneol, geranol, coriander alcohol, terpineol
Eugenol, myristyl ether, safrole
Camphorene, absinthe terpene, pine oil terpene
Body curative effect
- The main effect is in the digestive system, which is especially helpful in breaking down fat and starchy foods and promoting appetite. It can also improve flatulence, nausea, periodic vomiting, bad breath and diarrhea. It can effectively prevent constipation, is an antibacterial agent for the intestines, and is said to also relieve gallstones.
- A tonic for the reproductive system, because its properties are very similar to estrogen, it can regulate too little menstrual blood and relieve menstrual pain. It is also very helpful for sexual obstacles, because it has an aphrodisiac effect. In addition, it can strengthen the strength of muscle contraction, so it is extremely helpful for production.
- It is a warm essential oil that can be massaged to improve muscle pain, rheumatism, and especially chronic illnesses. It is said that it can also relieve the severe pain of neuralgia.
- A very stimulating oil that can give vitality to the heart and promote blood circulation.
Myristica fragrans (scientific name: Myristica fragrans) is an evergreen tree plant of the Myristica fragrans family. Small trees; young branches are slender. This species is a famous spice and medicinal plant in the tropics. The fruits are harvested in winter and spring when they are ripe.
Its seeds are used as medicine to treat cold dysentery, abdominal cold pain, vomiting, etc.; external use can be used as a parasite repellent to treat rheumatic pain. In addition, it can also be used as condiment and industrial oil raw materials. Myristica fragrans is an important spice and medicinal plant.
The use history of nutmeg is shorter than that of dried nutmeg. Many ancient civilizations valued dried nutmeg.
Indians used nutmeg to deal with intestinal problems, and Egyptians used it to embalm corpses. It is also made into an Italian incense to defend against the plague. This incense still contains laurel, clove, juniper, myrrh, myrtle and rose.
In the Middle Ages, it was a well-known prescription for hemorrhoids. People grind it and mix it with lard and use it as an ointment. At that time, it was also regarded as a medicine to strengthen the stomach.
The spice trade before 1605 was monopolized by the Portuguese and then taken over by the Dutch, but when they were quite close to Moluccas, they changed ships and left.
It wasn’t until 1768 that nutmeg was introduced to other countries and used as a seasoning for food, ingredients in beverages, and dental products. Nutmeg is also contained in perfumes and hair creams.
The methyl isoeugenol contained in nutmeg volatile oil has the effect of inhibiting the central nervous system. After rabbit ears iv50mg/kg, it can be seen that the righting reflex, pain reflex and auditory reflex disappear during sleep. The average sleep time is 20 minutes and 8 seconds. The sleeping effect of barbiturate.
The MICs of methyl isoeugenol against Staphylococcus aureus and Pneumococcus were 0.4mg/ml and 0.6mg/ml, respectively. Malabacone B has a strong bacteriostatic effect on Staphylococcus aureus, Bacillus subtilis and Streptococcus sclerosus. The MIC of the first two is 1ug/ml, and the latter is 2ug/ml. The MIC of Malabacone C to Bacillus subtilis It is 2ug/ml.
The methyl eugenol and elemane in nutmeg oil have anesthetic effects on mice, rabbits, cats and dogs after administration.