Fennel essential oil
Fennel oil is extracted from dry fennel seeds. This is an herb with a long medical reputation believed to convey longevity, courage and strength.
Fennel (Foeniculum vulgare) is from the parsley family (Apiaceae or Umbelliferae) and comes from Australia and Spain. It grows to 4.5 feet and has yellow flowers.
Fennel seeds are used as a digestive aid and balances menstrual cycles, strengthen eyesight and neutralize poisons.
Green parts, dry seeds, roots of plants.
Supercritical Fluid Extraction Process (SCFE) also called Co2 Extraction process.
Chemical nature of fennel essential oil
- Colorless or light yellow liquid. The relative density is 0.965-0.985, the refractive index is 1.535-1.560, and the specific rotation is -11°-+20°.
- It smells of fennel.
- Colorless to pale yellow liquid
Aroma/taste of fennel essential oil
- Fennel Sweet has a spicy, sweet, woody scent.
- Mild, camphor-like aroma and slightly bitter burnt taste, the head has a soily fragrance.
Physical properties of fennel essential oil
- Specific gravity: (20℃)0.889-0.921
- Optical rotation: +20o—+68o
- Refractive index: (20℃)1.4840-1.5680
- Freezing point: ＜-10℃
- Main ingredients: α-pinene, camphene, α-phellandrene, dipentene, anethole, fenchone, aldehydes, anisic acid
- The content of fennel oil: Anethole 50~60%
Skin curative effect
It removes greasy skin and has obvious anti-wrinkle effect.
- Fennel oil has a very good anti-toxic effect, the most important function is to treat alcoholism, treat poisonous snake bites, poisoning symptoms caused by ingestion of poisonous plants.
- Can help patients with gout and rheumatism, eliminate waste from the body, and reduce the chance of arthritis
- Like other plants in the cephalophyllaceae family, fennel has a good effect in helping digestion and reducing flatulence. It can quickly relieve nausea, nausea, flatulence, indigestion, abdominal cramps, and hiccups.
- Drinking fennel tea can treat colitis. It also has a special function related to digestion, which can reduce appetite (chewing seeds). Fennel has the function of diuresis and killing bacteria in the urinary tract.
- It is also very suitable for the treatment of cellulitis. The accumulation of a large amount of toxic substances and body fluids in the subcutaneous fat layer will cause the skin to swell, appear wrinkles, and form a typical cellulite.
- Fennel has special functions on the female reproductive system. It may be because fennel contains some plant hormones that are very similar to estrogen, which makes it have the function of adjusting the menstrual cycle. It is especially suitable for treating symptoms such as insufficient menstrual blood or menstrual pain. It can help menopausal women to stimulate The adrenal glands secrete estrogen to reduce the discomfort caused by excessive changes in hormone concentration. The hormone-related fennel function is to help breastfeeding mothers to secrete more milk.
From fatigue and stress, liberate the body and mind to relax, have the ability to refresh and purify.
Pharmaceutical properties of fennel essential oil
- Like estrogen, dysmenorrhea, help childbirth, promote milk secretion;
- Anti-spasm (neuromuscular aspect) regulates the reflex function of the central nervous system and spinal cord, relaxes the muscles, has a slight paralysis, and relieves pain.
- Dispel flatulence, invigorate the stomach, replenish the body and appetite (slightly stimulate the secretion of the digestive glands), promote choleretics, and stimulate the secretion of bile.
Fennel is an antiseptic, antispasmodic, carminative, depurative, diuretic, expectorant, laxative, stimulant, digestive and may be used for cellulite and obesity. It is also believed to be invigorating, restoring, stimulating and warming.
Safety and use precautions
None, avoid use during pregnancy
Ocean fennel has been used by humans since ancient Egypt. The ancient Egyptians used it in medicine or cooking, and believed that it had the effect of “awakening the soul”. In the Chinese dietary tradition, the cousin of fennel, star anise, is used as a medicinal material to treat flatulence.
The most noticed benefit of fennel is its estrogen-like benefit. Anethole is an ether structure, its mechanism of action is similar to estrogen, so some studies have shown that fennel may be another type of estrogen drug.
In the reproductive system, fennel, like other ether essential oils, can be used to promote the secretion of breast milk, and it is also helpful for menstrual pain or abnormal menstrual conditions. What’s more special is that fennel is more effective than other ether essential oils in the treatment of menstrual cramps because of its significant anti-spasmodic benefits.
In the digestive system, fennel has the effect of dispelling flatulence. For users who are accustomed to having flatulence after eating, they may wish to massage their abdomen with a low dose of fennel half an hour before a meal to avoid flatulence.